Thursday, June 27, 2013

App of the Week: Interactive Alphabet


I have been out of town for the last ten days which means I have been out of the office. But I am back this week with one of my favorite apps that I refer parents to on a regular basis





Interactive Alphabet is one of my favorite apps for infants and toddlers with visual impairments. First off, as a teacher of the visually impaired, I love how simple and brightly colored the photographs are on this app. .Additionally, they are also interactive so every time the child touches the picture on the app, the picture moves and makes a noise.  For example, the Egg on the letter "E" cracks every time the child touches the screen.  This is such a great feature for early learners that are beginning to understand cause and effect and embed early reading skills into their play routine.

Other features I love:

  • Embeds phonic sounds into each photo
  • Integrates upper and lower case letters
  • Multi-tiered literacy skills for 0-5 year olds (i.e. this is a buy for every kid zero to five in your family)
  • Aligned to Kindergarten Reading Foundational Skills in Common Core State Standards



No comments:

Post a Comment