Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Tootsie Roll Bolsters





 I have known Alyce Hall  for many years.  She has made many pieces of NoTech, handmade devices for me over the years for my students.  She is both an artist, designer, and AT Enthusiast.  I wanted to share her most recent designs adaptive pillows here: The Tootsie Roll Bolster.  I often use the bolsters to position children for visual and developmental tasks.  I have used everything from towels to swimming noodles.  She has created some handmade ones to help support children with special needs.


 More About Alyce:
  I studied fine art and worked as a digital technical artist for a decade. I raised two children with my husband, Steve, who works hard and walks our dog so that I can be as obsessed with the domestic arts as much as possible. My creativity grows as I see needs unmet and clutter unkept. I want things to be useful and lovely.

More About the Tootsie Roll:
A pair of 20 inch long bolster pillows sized right for supporting arms and lumbar. Filled withLuxury fiber fill, wrapped in natural quilt batting and encased in natural muslin. An additional sleeve can be made of flannel with a fabric covered oversized button and an add-on elastic ribbon. The elastic ribbon connects the two bolsters so they stay in place where needed. Use them together or apart but there will always be two. Contact me for price and special orders. Alyce Dyer-Hall (816)206-7984 or Shall45550@aol.com


No comments:

Post a Comment