1. JabTalk (click here for more information and videos about this app)
JabTalk is an Alternative Augmentative Communication Device for Children with Special Needs. Much like Answers YesNo and My First AAC on the iPad, JabTalk is a very intuitive and affordable app for early and alernative communicators. Here are a few of its's best features:
- Supports Text to Speech
- Users have ability to resize pictures
- Heptic feedback (vibration) when touching a word for immediate physical feedback
- Encourage Sentence Building
- Users can use icons from Google Images
Go check it out. Android app developers are continuing to make apps that are effective for all kinds of learners. It is exciting to see!