*Please note before purchasing any low vision device or magnifier, it is recommended and strongly encouraged get into touch with an ophthalmologist that specializes in low vision evaluations for prescription.* This blog entry is just a way to share with other professionals, therapists, and parents the magnification options that exist for children.
- Easy to handle
- Children can determine the best viewing distance between the magnifier and the activity
- Built-in lights and illumination add to magnification quality
- Child must possess good hand-eye coordination
- Offers the stability to the child
- Good for children who require higher rates of magnification
- Good for beginners
- Option of built-in illumination
- Can easily bring the image of an object that is several feet away look as though it is within inches of the viewer.
- Good for daily living skills and reading and writing activities in the classroom
- Requires extensive training from a TVI and/or Low Vision Therapist on target control and focusing features.
- Stand magnifier that specifically doubles the magnification for users who typically use distance magnification
- 1.8x is the only available magnification power
- Easy to user